I looked in to fancy sound systems but it got fairly complicated and expensive; needing amplifiers, speakers, Bluetooth modules.. and honestly I do like music but adding this technology was going to cost about $500 if it is going to be good.
On top of that there is a space aspect, where will the speakers go.. where will they even look good.
In the end I decided not to bother. I did not really want to put in technology that might just go out of date – or require more maintenance.
The simple solution is simply some USB Bluetooth speakers. I think this is better for the following reasons;
- They can deliver great quality sound
- You can use them on your adventures
- Powered by USB – simple is always good!
- Can connect to your phone
- If it breaks – it does not affect the van build
- You can move it around the van as you wish
- If the technology goes out of date.. doesn’t matter
For me it was a relief not to have to think about an inbuilt sound system and this solution is by far better.
I got these Taotronic Bluetooth speakers and they work well:
I got them from Amazon here for about £40.